Does your business have a blog with new content added on a regular basis? If not, you are truly doing your business and brand a disservice. Why and how does blogging make such a difference? Here are some quick statistics for you from QuickSprout:
- 240 million blogs
- 329 million people view a blog
- 25 billion pages viewed every month
- 500,000 new posts every day
- 400,000 comments per day
Simply put, blogs are really popular, and having one increases your company’s visibility as well your digital reach to potential clients.
How Blogging Impacts your SEO Traffic?
- Links are still the most important factor in Google’s ranking algorithm. Thus, websites that blog typically have 97% more inbound links.
- The more index pages you have, the more search traffic you’ll receive. Therefore, websites that blog typically have 434% more indexed pages.
How Blogging Benefits your Brand?
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on blog post
- 82% of your consumers enjoy reading relevant content from company blogs
- 60% of consumers feel positive about a corporate brand after reading their blog
- 70% of consumers learn about a company through their blog, rather than ads
Most people read 5 to 10 blogs a day. I would say that it is the 2nd most influential factor when it comes to making a purchase. It increases a company’s monthly leads by about 77% (varies from blog to blog).
When to Publish a New Blog Post?
There tends to be a lot of confusion about when is the best time to post a new blog post. Well, statistics show that people prefer reading blogs in the morning around 10 am especially during Monday and Thursday. They also generally want to be notified by email every time a blog add a new post, so make sure you have links to subscribe easily accessible on every post.
Get more awesome online marketing information from one of my favorite sites, QuickSprout!
What are the reasons you blog, and how often do you do it?
Natalie Grinnell is the Founder and Creative Director of Studio 41 Creative. Studio 41 Creative a creative marketing agency focused on building the innovative brands of our generation. We have over 10 years experience in the online marketing industry, and we have the creative background to bring you a dynamic and full-service marketing plan. To learn more about our marketing services, including brand development, website design, social media management, and public relations services, contact Natalie@Studio41Creative.com.